Highly qualified executive offering more than 30 years of financial management experience. Results focused and effective leader with proven ability to locate and utilize resources to effect positive change. Analytical decision maker with excellent problem-solving skills. Conscientious, flexible, self-motivated individual with proven strengths to include expertise in written and verbal communications with strong emphasis in the development of others.
University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, Bachelor of Arts
Midlands Technical College, Columbia, South Carolina, 21 hours of Accounting
Graduated Southeastern CUNA Management School
Graduated Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor School
The American College, Financial Services Certified Professional
Series 6, 63, and 65 licensed
DESTINY WEALTH ADVISORS & CONSULTING, LLC, Columbia, South Carolina 2007-Present
President/Chief Executive Officer
Utilize planning, organizing, and business skills to assist clients in reaching their fullest financial potential while staying focused on their mission and goals. Work with individuals, small businesses, churches, non-profit organization, and credit unions.
· Set up accounting systems for small businesses and train staff to manage
· Conduct strategic planning sessions with several non-profit boards and credit union boards
· Advise churches regarding financial matters to include investing and financing
PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL, Columbia, South Carolina 2013-Present
Offers securities products and services as a registered representative of Pruco Securities, LLC. Licensed in numerous states
· Lead the Culture Team for the Inclusion and Diversity Field Advisory Council
· Develop professional relationship with more than 300 clients and manage $7M in assets
· Present investment and financial planning seminars to clients and prospective clients
· Develop sustainable financial plans for clients to retirement and leave a legacy
BIDEN FOR PRESIDENT, Columbia, South Carolina 2019-2020
SC Coalitions Director (April 2019 to February 2020)
Political Director (March 2020 to August 2020)
SC State Director (September 2020 to November 2020)
Provided strategic support to the Campaign building relationships with individuals and organizations and sharing the campaign message to increase voter participation and mobilization. Responsible for collaborating and building a grassroots coalition by creating outreach programs and expanding community organizing.
· Developed a coalition of supporters which resulted in winning the SC primary and changed the trajectory of the Campaign
· Conducted policy meetings regarding education, healthcare, climate change and social justice
· Managed political relationships in VA, VT, MA, DC, RI, CT, MS and NY
BROOKLAND FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, West Columbia, South Carolina 1999-2007
President/Chief Executive Officer
Recruited initially to explore the feasibility and responsibility of opening a financial institution to meet the needs of the Brookland Baptist Church congregation; successfully completed and submitted application to National Credit Union Administration to operate a federally chartered Credit Union in May 1999. Hired by Board and challenged to operate a startup Credit Union.
Directed all operations of the Credit Union. Provided leadership in financial management, human resource management, lending, and marketing. Oversaw all finances, strategic plan, and administrative affairs.
· Established strategic plan that resulted in reaching $3 million in assets in 8 years.
· Consistently maintained an NCUA CAMEL rating of 2.
· Developed all policies and procedures to operate the Credit Union.
· Initiated and launched all services offered by the Credit Union.
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF SOUTH CAROLINA, Columbia, South Carolina 1995-1999
Hired to review provider cost reports for acceptability and maintained information systems for Medicare Audit and Reimbursement Department. Supervised five employees.
· Organized data base used to ensure proper payment to Medicare providers.
· Instituted reporting information system streamlining data flow.
· Facilitated training of new staff members and temporary workers.
REPUBLIC NATIONAL BANK, Columbia, South Carolina 1994-1995
Quality Assurance Analyst
Responsible for the accuracy of all loan documentation. Provided professional customer service to 3 branches as well as consumer and commercial loan customers.
· Established process for efficiently managing negotiable collateral.
· Reorganized process for reporting exceptions to upper management.
VICTORY SAVINGS BANK, Columbia, South Carolina 1992-1994
Branch Administrator/Teller Supervisor (1993-1994)
Responsible for all teller and operational functions. Handled all customer service issues and requests in a timely manner. Conducted all office audits. Supervised and facilitated training of support staff. Designed and implemented teller manual and procedures.
Administrative Assistant to President of Bank (1992-1993)
Responsible for all clerical support for President. Maintained all regulatory documentation and security. Assisted in collections and recovery. Processed loan applications. Researched and wrote Credit Manual and Compliance Manual. Received recognition as employee of the quarter.
REPUBLIC NATIONAL BANK, Columbia, South Carolina 1989-1992
Responsible for supervising staff of three tellers. Performed customer transactions in necessary capacities. Updated and maintained loan accounts, overdraft report and exceptions report. Served as back-up customer service representative. Served on liaison committee consisting of upper and lower management to improve overall customer service and employee relations.
The Brook Church - Minister
Leadership South Carolina 2009 Class
Black Expo Advisory Board - Board Member
Brookland Foundation, Volunteer
Fortitude Foundation, Board Member, Past Chair
League of Women Voters, Past Treasurer
National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)